Diploma Programs

If you:

  • are not a high school graduate
  • have been out of school for 6 months
  • will be at least 19 years old before June 2022

then you can enroll to earn a mature student diploma

The Mature Student Diploma Program

High school graduation as a Mature Student has the following requirements:

  • The student must be at least 19 years of age
  • The student must have been out of school for at least 6 months.
  • A transcript of any previously earned credits must be provided.
  • A total of 8 credits are required.
    • Four Grade 12 (40S) courses must be obtained including English and Math.
    • Four courses are the choice of the student.
    • Up to four previously earned credits from Senior 1 (Grade 9) to Senior 4 (Grade 12) may be applied towards mature student diploma.
  • Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) can be used to help students earn credits or partial credits when they are able to demonstrate or document skills and knowledge previously attained.

GED vs. Diploma

Our program issues high school credits towards a Mature Student Diploma. A Mature Student Diploma is granted by the Manitoba Government, and is recognized by employers and post-secondary institutions as a High School Diploma.

We do not offer GED (General Education Development) test preparation. The Government of Manitoba website states the following about GED certificates:

GED certificates are recognized by most employers and some community colleges and universities. They may be accepted for employment, apprenticeship admission, and other training programs.

Note: The GED certificate is not a high school diploma; rather, it certifies that the holder has a general educational background relative to that of the average high school graduate.

Choosing between earning your High School Diploma and earning your GED certificate depends on your goals.

Regular High School Diploma

Adults may earn a regular high school diploma (30 credits) if they choose to fulfill the specific course requirements. The Director can assess your transcript to determine what credits you still need to complete for a regular diploma.